Thursday, April 26, 2012

My 7 Super Shots

After being tagged by Michael Barton, over at Exploring Portland's Natural Areas, I am taking part in HostelBookers 7 Super Shots.  It's a little game to get photographers everywhere to dust off some of their favorite snapshots and share them with the world.  Although the pictures can be of anything, I'm going to stick as close to my blog's Portland nature theme as I can.


I'm supposed to choose 7 photos - one for each of 7 predefined categories, so here goes...


  • A photo that…takes my breath away 
The Columbia River viewed from Larch Mountain.  You can see several snow-capped Cascade volcanoes from this viewpoint - truly breathtaking!

  • A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
 Spotted in a tiny nature park in Bend, Oregon.

  • A photo that…makes me dream
A frosty Cascara leaf in the sun - makes me dream of Fall (and long for Spring).

  •  A photo that…makes me think
 Abandoned house - North end of Madras, Oregon (Mt. Hood in the background).  Can't help thinking and wondering about the lives that were led here.

  • A photo that…makes my mouth water
 OK - this one is a little off-theme...  Standing in line at Pine State Biscuits, on SE Belmont in Portland.  Waiting to order the McIsley - Fried chicken on a biscuit, topped with pickles, mustard & honey.  Add a side of collard greens, and wash it down with a Cheerwine... pure southern deliciousness!

  • A photo that…tells a story
 Taken at a very remote lake in the Cascade Mountains east of Sweet Home, Oregon.  (The story being told here is, "Watch out, Ladybug!!"  Alas, the ladybug had no idea that a monster was approaching from below.  This rough-skinned newt gulped down the ladybug, only to set her free a few seconds later.  Apparently not one of the newt's favorite meals.

  • A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)

 Taken at the same lake as the photo above.  Dragonfly peeking over a log.


That's it for my 7 Super Shots, now all that's left is for me to choose five other bloggers, and pass along this photographic game of tag.

My nominations are:
To these five bloggers, I say, "Tag, you're it!"

7 comments:

  1. The photo of the newt stalking the ladybug is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael! I felt pretty lucky to get a whole series of the catch and release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice super shots! I especially laughed at the laughing photo. :)

    I am going to do this tag soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #2 :D
    Here are my 7 photos
    http://www.shorttraveltips.com/7-super-shots/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beware of scammers i have been scammed 3 times because i was trying to know if my husband was cheating until i met this hacker named; (wizardcyprushacker@gmail.com) who helped me hack into my spouse phone for real this great hacker hacked into my spouse whats-app messages,Facebook messages.text messages,call logs,deleted text messages,bitcoin account and many more i was impressed with his job and he brought me results under 24 hours believe me he is real and his services are cheap and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you desperately in need of a hacker in any area of your life??? then you can contact; services like; -hack into your cheating partner's phone(whatsapp,bbm.gmail,icloud,facebook, twitter,snap chat and others) -Sales of Blank ATM cards. -hack into email accounts and trace email location -all social media accounts, -school database to clear or change grades, -Retrieval of lost file/documents -DUIs -company records and systems, -Bank accounts,Paypal accounts -Credit cards hacker -Credit score hack -Monitor any phone and email address -Websites hacking, pentesting. -IP addresses and people tracking. -Hacking courses and classes CONTACT THEM= hackintechnologyatgmaildotcom or whatsapp +12132951376 their services are the best on the market and 100% security and discreet work is guarante

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics