Friday, April 8, 2011

the Nature of Portland 3.0: Fresh Look

Well... I logged on this morning with the idea of creating a post about one of the native plants I've used in my yard, but suddenly my blog's design was looking a bit out-dated and old school to me. While there's nothing wrong with a retro look, I decided to spend some time instead, working on a fresh look with Blogger's updated Template Designer.

I'm fairly happy with the slick new look, but what do you think?  Feedback is always welcome.

Here's how the old design looked...



Maybe I'll get to that native plant post this evening.

10 comments:

  1. Looks good! One comment- the green font on the right column gets slightly lost in the green photo background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback , Mike - I was kind of thinking that, too. Maybe I'll tweak that a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I update my blog last week sometime for the same reasons. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice! And thanks for your comment at Northwest Dragonflier. I keep thinking that I need to spiff up my blog too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the change. Nice job! I am looking forward to more on your native plant gardening also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @HoodPhoto - Thanks - your blog looks great!

    @Mike B. - Thank you. I actually had to lighten it up a bit from the darkest color I tried, because it made the links in the posts blend in with the rest of the text. I think I found the right color now, to work well in both spots.

    @Jim Johnson - Thanks! I like the look of Northwest Dragonflier. I love the header, and it's a nice, clean look overall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @DaveOnFidalgo - Thanks, Dave! Part Three of the native landscape series should be coming up in the next few days. Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, but I agree the light green type is too light. Light greens or light blues, especially on a grayish background are difficult to read. (For us older folks) Maybe try a darker color ar a larger font.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! i played around with the different colors quite a bit. It's hard to find just the color that works well in the sidebar as well as in the posts, but I think I found my best option. Increased the font size a bit too.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics