I recently ran across this incredible video of Portland - made with time lapse photography - by the very talented folks at Uncage the Soul Video Production. Called Finding Portland, it really highlights some of the true Nature of Portland (natural as well as cultural/man-made). The video is so beautiful - I couldn't resist indulging in a little civic narcissism by sharing it here.
Watch the video below, and find out about the creative methods used in the filming by reading this story over at KATU.com.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
I'm supposed to choose 7 photos - one for each of 7 predefined categories, so here goes...
- A photo that…takes my breath away
- A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
- A photo that…makes me dream
A frosty Cascara leaf in the sun - makes me dream of Fall (and long for Spring).
- A photo that…makes me think
- A photo that…makes my mouth water
- A photo that…tells a story
- A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
Taken at the same lake as the photo above. Dragonfly peeking over a log.
That's it for my 7 Super Shots, now all that's left is for me to choose five other bloggers, and pass along this photographic game of tag.
My nominations are:
- Nature Nut Notes - a nature and craft photo-blog
- Northwest Ramblings - places and nature in the Pacific Northwest
- Pieloch Oregon
- WOODANDFIELD - living with nature in the Blue Ridge
- thebendingmoment - a space for thoughts, words and moments that bend us